The dial is the primary way you’ll control Navdy. It attaches to your steering wheel so you can safely control Navdy and keep your eyes on the road. Below are a few basic functions to control your Navdy using the dial.
When in Map View
Rotate the dial to zoom in and out and view a map's surrounding areas.
- Rotate the dial clockwise to zoom in.
- Rotate the dial counterclockwise to zoom out.
- Rote the dial once to show your estimated time of arrival in the upper left-hand corner of the display.
- Rotate the dial clockwise or counter-clockwise to navigate through the menus on the display and to adjust settings for your Navdy such as brightness.
Tap the dial's button once, to open Navdy's quick menu. From there you can access Options, Menu, and Glances.
Double-tap the dial's button to open music control. Once opened:
- Tap again to play or pause music
- Rotate the dial clockwise or counter-clockwise and tap to skip or rewind your favorite tracks
Triple-tap the dial's button to quickly adjust Navdy's brightness.
- Rotate the dial clockwise to increase its brightness
- Rotate the dial counterclockwise to decrease its brightness
Long Press and Hold
Press and hold down the dial's button to activate Siri® or Google Now. Use Siri® or Google Now to initiate voice commands through Navdy.
Tip: If your Android phone has security enabled on the lock screen with a pattern, PIN, password, or fingerprint lock, make sure to turn on the 'wired headset' permission within the Google app on your Android device to activate Google Now using the Dial.
To enabled 'wired headset':This setting can be found by going to the Google app (on your phone)
- Open the Google app on your Android phone
- Tap the menu icon (i.e. hamburger icon)
- Tap Settings
- Tap Voice
- Tap Hands-free, and turn on 'For wired headsets'.