The Settings tab allows you to adjust various aspects of the app and control how it functions with your Navdy Display. When you open the Navdy app, tap the Settings tab on the bottom of the screen.
Here’s the list of the above settings you’ll have access to:
- Name- Add or update your name, as shown and read back to you on Navdy.
- Email - Add or update an email which will auto-fill when creating an in-app support ticket.
- Photo - Take a new photo or upload an existing photo to be displayed on Navdy.
Locate a car’s Onboard Diagnostics (OBD-II) Port by selecting or manually entering your car’s details. Tap the "i" in the circle for more details.
To locate your OBD-II Port:
- Enter the make, year, and model of your car
- Tap save in the upper right-hand corner
Control how Navdy uses your phone’s audio capabilities to communicate with you.
- Test Audio - This button allows you to play a sample message to test the audio output.
- Automatic - Use this for the best experience as Navdy will route audio automatically to your car's stereo. Choose this option only when you want voice navigation to override your car's stereo system.
- iPhone Speaker / Line Out / Bluetooth - Play audio via auxiliary cable connection (i.e. line out), or via Bluetooth when the phone is connected to a Bluetooth speaker (e.g. car’s stereo speaker, portable speaker, Bluetooth stereo headphones). If no audio output is connected or paired, audio will play directly through the phone’s speaker by default.
- iPhone speaker only - Play audio through your iPhone's speakers.
Tip: Enable 'Automatic' to hear your phone’s audio when listening to FM/AM, satellite radio, CD, or tape outputs on your car’s stereo.
- Low / Normal / Loud - Select Navdy's app volume.
- Voice - Select the iOS voice you'd like turn by turn directions to be read aloud.
Tip: To optimize voice playback we advise enabling Ava (Enhanced) as the voice. If Ava (Enhanced) isn't an option you can download more voices in the iOS Settings app. (General > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Speech > Voice)
- Speech delay - Select the timeframe for a delay between when turn by turn directions are read back through your stereo.
Tip: Adjust 'Speech delay' if your audio is cut off when first played back through your stereo.
- Welcome Message - Enable or disable the welcome message which plays each time your phone connects with the Navdy Display.
- Turn by Turn Navigation - Enable or disable turn by turn audio.
- Speed Limit Warnings - Enable or disable speed limit warnings each time you exceed the speed limit by 5 mph.
Control and edit the route preferences before a drive.
- Route Calculation - Select your preference for fastest or shortest routes.
- Recalculate to Faster Routes - Select your preference for Navdy to reroute you to faster routes.
- Highways - Toggle on to ensure your routes include highways when possible.
- Toll Roads - Toggle off to ensure your routes don't include highways when possible.
- Ferries - Toggle off to ensure your routes don't include highways when possible.
- Tunnels - Toggle off to ensure your routes don't include tunnels.
- Unpaved Roads - Toggle off to ensure your routes don't include unpaved roads.
- Auto Trains - Toggle off to ensure your routes don't include train crossings.
Check off which calendars you'd like Navdy to notify you with your events.
- Download Update - Download updates when available.
- Download Beta Versions - Toggle on to get the latest improvements to Navdy.
- Gestures - Toggle on Gestures to enable them on Navdy.
- Limit Cellular Data - Turn this on to disable automatic software updates and traffic data, limiting your cellular data use from Navdy.
- Units - Select Kilometers or Miles as you want them displayed on Navdy.
- Help Center - View our Help Center to answer your most common questions.
- Installation Video - Review videos of the entire installation process and learn how to properly set up Navdy in your vehicle.
- How it Works Video - A quick tour that will teach you how to use Navdy.
- Contact Us - Submit a support ticket and we'll answer your question.