Navdy lets you search for any destination just by speaking to your phone. To try it out, complete the initial setup instructions, navigate to Place Search in the main menu, tap the dial, and then speak your command to your phone.
Initial Setup Instructions
- Make sure you are using the the latest Navdy app and Navdy display versions. See here for instructions on upgrading.
- Launch your Navdy app. If you’ve just upgraded to a version that supports Place Search, you’ll be asked to allow microphone permissions. When the dialogue box pops up, tap “allow.”
Performing Place Search Using Your Voice
- Ensure the volume on your phone and car is at an audible level
- Tap your dial once to enter the Main Menu.
- Tap on “Place Search”
- Wait until the microphone message turns blue and says “Speak now.” You’ll also hear a “ding” sound when your display enters this state
- Speak your command to your phone. You can search for street addresses, names of places, favorite places, and contacts. Try saying things like:
- “Coffee shops”
- “Gas stations nearby”
- “Take me to work”
- “Take me home”
- “Take me to the gym”
|If you hear:||Troubleshooting Steps:|
|“Sorry I didn’t get that”||
|“Sorry, the internet appears to be unavailable right now”||
|"Sorry, place search is not available right now"||
It means that Google’s speech recognition services is temporarily not responding.
|Navdy is not recognizing the first part of your voice command||