Navdy supports the ability to browse tracks while driving that you’ve loaded onto your Android phone. To try it out, complete the initial setup instructions, navigate to Music from the menu on your Display, and then browse through your albums, artists, and playlists.
Initial Setup Instructions
- Make sure you’re using the the latest Navdy app and Display versions. See here for instructions on upgrading.
- Download and install the Android File Transfer application onto your computer.
- Connect your Android phone to your computer and launch the Android File Transfer application.
- Select the tracks you want to sync from your computer and transfer them to your Android phone.
Browsing Through Music On Your Display
- Select Music from the menu on the Display.
- Within Music you can select albums, playlists, and artists. Albums are sorted alphabetically, and if you scroll quickly through the list you can select the letter of the album you’re looking for to jump through a long list. You can scroll up to ‘back’ to move back up in the menu.
- Select a song to start playback, or select Shuffle play to start playing the selected album or playlist in a random order. Either will start playing music and dismiss the Music app.
- You can close the Music app by scrolling up to the Close option, by double tapping the dial button, or by swiping right.
Controlling Music Playback On Your Navdy Display
Double-tap the dial to quickly gain access to music and playback controls. Tapping on the music icon on the bottom left, will navigate you back to the music menu where the track was initially played.
Content Types that are Available to the Navdy Display
Music content is only available to your Navdy Display if you’ve transferred it from your computer onto your Android device’s local storage. When content is available on your local device, you can view it by launching Google Play Music and opening the Library tab.
You can curate playlists to browse and play from your Navdy Display by organizing locally stored content into playlists from within your Google Play Music app.
See here for more details on playing and controlling music with Navdy.